How many m/c's have you had?

Were they before/after/inbetween successful pregnancies? I have now had two in this year alone. Well, a m/c and tubal pregnancy. Just wondering how someone with multiple problems is willing to keep trying? I don't plan on trying anymore, but how do i deal with the fear of losing another one when i do try again?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 7:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had 5. I was determined not to give up. I had two miscarriages. I had 23 vials of blood drawn and they did every test imaginable. We found out I was diabetic which can affect your pregnancy. I went on medication and we had our son. Then I had three more miscarriages. We had the last one in August 2004. In September 2004, I got pregnant with our daughter.

PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 7:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have had 3 and they were all before having a successful one. I found out that I have a progesterone deficiency while pregnant that causes me to miscarry at 12 weeks. I had to get the right dose of progesterone supplement in order to successfully remain pregnant. Since the 3 m/c I have had 2 children. I am done having babies now because it was very stressfull, emotionally but also it was hard on me physically. I know what you mean though about not wanting to go through it any more, but I found with each m/c it made me want a child even more. I was terrified of having another ultrasound at 12 weeks only to find out that while the fetus was there, the heart had stopped beating. It was such a relief when I finally had a heartbeat, then I knew that all the bloodtests and pills were worth it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had a miscarriage in Feb 08 and am pregnant again-due Feb 09

My mother had five miscarriages all scattered between us six kids

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had one child (he's 19 months now) and then one miscarriage. The miscarriage was an unplanned pregnancy. We plan on having more kids, but we aren't trying yet. I am sort of dreading all the anxiety and worry I know I'll feel when we do decide to try for #2.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had 1 miscarriage before my daughter was born.

OB told me to wait at least 1 year before i would try again. your body needs to heal and recover. many women keep trying and trying after miscarriages like there is no tomorrow.. which is a torture for every uterus. thats why some women have so many miscarriages. they just wont understand that they NEED to wait and let their bodies heal.
    of course some women get lucky. but most women have more than 1 mc if they dont wait. :((

if you dont know how to handle the fear of losing another baby, you def. need to go to a therapy. i have never done it and i regret it. the pregnancy with my daughter was like hell for me. always afraid, panic attacks ect. because i wasnt over the loss of my first child (even though it was 5years after my mc)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have had 3 this year. Two D & C's and one passed naturally. I do not have any children currently. After the third I decided to run some tests to see what is wrong. I am prone to blood clots. The next time I get pregnant I have to have lovenox injections in my stomach daily to prevent clots. Take time to heal. The baby fever might bite you again soon. Just don't rush in to anything if you are still grieving. You may want to try to get tested to see why you are m/c ing.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm seeing a counselor. And my doctor said i could try again after 3 periods. im not looking for a reason it happened, i know this thing happens for a reason. i just wanna overcome that fear of losing more. i do have a wonderful daughter. maybe she's all i'll ever have. but if there is still a chance, i don't wanna be afraid to try again when i'm ready to.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Only one - and that was a blessing since it was a child of rape. I still felt guilty afterwards, though, that my 'bad thoughts' towards the baby had somehow caused the miscarriage.

One of my sisters miscarried her first 3 babies, then went on to have 5 healthy babies. My other sister miscarried her 1st and half of her 4th pregnancy (twin pregnancy, lost one of them) but still has 5 children. I've only got 2 (and can't have any more!) which makes me the odd one out in our family.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had 2. The first came after 2 succesful pregnancies, then I had my dd, then I had another in August of this year, we are still trying but giving up after this month. As my mom told me, its no big deal if we don't get pg because I already have 3 kids. She had 5 mc before me and 2 mc after me then had my brother.
    Mom2SavRynShai

Answer by Mom2SavRynShai at 7:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I worked with a lady who had 17 miscarriages in 10 years. She finally got the child she always wanted and that was it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008