This is a personal question for parents of children with SBS

I have a small baby, he is only 4 months. I know it's natural to worry about your child, but I would call myself a worrywart. If you don't mind answering this question I would like to hear your story. Who shook your baby? How did you find out? What obstacles does your baby currently face from this horrible thing that happened to him/her? I am sure this is a very sensitive topic so please only answer if you are comfortable. Thank you for sharing if you do choose to do so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son is 12 and a victim of SBS. He suffers many disorders because of it. I hope the bastard who did this to your child goes to prison. My ex husband shook my son at the age of 2 months. I found out b/c my son was violently ill. Projectile vomiting, diarreah, swollen head, crying all the time, etc. I took him to the doctor many times not knowing what was wrong. It was almost too late in that my son started seizing and I rushed him to the hospital. He had 5 different stages of blood in the brain and water causing swelling in the head. He had broken ribs, etc. He had to have a VP shunt placed and I was told he would never walk/talk again. Thank God that isnt the case. If you would ever like to talk about it or if I can be of any help to you at all, please visit my site. The whole reason I joined cafemom is to find other mothers going though what I am going though with my son.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you go to my site, you can read the detailed story about my son.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008