If you caught a 2 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl.... adult content

Okay I used to nanny until I came up pregnant in March of this year and the week before I quit I caught the 4 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy in the bathroom together and the girl was having him touch her hoohoo (Private parts)! She had been acting weird for the last few weeks and trying to be alone with her brother (the 2 yr old boy). Right before I quit this happens! I waited for their mom to get home and kept them seperate and never alone. So when the mom gets home I tell her what happened and she seemed concerned. But then she told me that the oldest (who is now going into 3rd grade) was caught making dolls "hump". Then she went on to say that their cousin who they spend a bit of time with is 13 and learning about sexual stuff in school and she thinks that is where they got it from. I just keep worrying though even though it was 4 months ago!! I am afraid they (or one of them) are being sexually abused!! I still see them every week at church but still, I dont know what to do!! What would you do or say?? The mom was very sure there was no abuse going on but I feel the opposite! I was sexually abused so maybe that is why I am so quick to point at that but what do you ladies think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sadly the only alternative is CYS or whatever they're called in your area and honestly, I'm not sure that's the solution. I agree someone had to show her something.
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would report it. To have your mind at ease and to make sure the children are safe and not being sexually abused.

My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You've been sexually abused. I'm sorry. You have instincts. Follow them. The fact that the child is hiding in the bathroom is to be concerned about. Don't know if the parents are discreet in their sexual activities in the bedroom, the 3rd grader couldve walked in on them? However, if it's disturbing enough to you, follow your gut. An abused/molested child can easily turn around and abuse those younger and weaker than him/her. Natural sexual play amongst children within 1-2 years of each other is just that: playful, giggly, silly and not something that's hidden. They're just checking each other out, playing doctor and there are no connotations of "knowing" more than their years. Don't shame them for that. However, if a 4 y.o. is demonstrating knowledge beyond her years, you should be concerned.
    Sexedforkids

Answer by Sexedforkids at 5:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The younger children may have only been experimenting. It's natural for children that age to be curious about the differences between boys and girls. As for the third grader, I know that most kids I knew did that kind of thing. It's awkward but won't hurt them. I don't think they got it from the 13 year old. I kind of see these as isolated incidents.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 5:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You told the mom and that's all you can do. If you see them at church, then you can keep on eye out for other signs.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds normal to me. Kids tend to play out sexual stuff.

I'd say it's the mom's issue, not urs.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011