How did you handle labor & delivery?

skbush1

Asked by skbush1 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• like a breeze, it was seriously one of the easiest things i've ever done, trying to poop after eating spicy food was harder than labor and delivery
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I love birth sooo much; it is really exhilarating, what a rush!!!
    :-D
    I want to be a surrogate so I can give birth but not have to raise a lot of kids, lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• does it hurt?
    skbush1

Comment by skbush1 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• like a PRO! The only part that really hurt was the contractions until it came time to push then the "ring of fire" (baby's head) Hurt like a son of a gun! After you feel like you had really really rough sex and sit funky for about a week or so.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• With the help of my friend Nubain and Epidural close at hand.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• To answer your question:

It's not called "labor" for nothing....
    It can & does hurt for many women.
    But there are ways to naturally reduce-eliminate pain.
    It doesn't *have* to be "bad."

What do you want?
    What are your preferences?
    Do you have help?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My first 2 were awesome but I had an epidural with both and my last one was horrible but as soon as she came out everything was good :) They gave me a pain reliever in my IV and I don't recommend getting it if you do decide to go natural. It didn't relieve pain it just made me so sleepy and felt drunk, I couldn't keep my eyes open even after I had her. I was talking to the doctor and nurses with my eyes closed and trying not to pass out!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I took Nubain with my 2nd delivery. Bad idea! I passed out and sweated so much that the nurses had to change my gown and bedding. I do not want an epidural with my 4th baby. I prefer trying a drug that will not numb me from the waist down. I prefer to be able to use the bathroom without any help AND I will feel better after the delivery. For the 2nd and 3rd deliveries, I didn't experience the "Ring of Fire" like I did with the 1st.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i was in labor for 27 hours. I went natural all the way. I figure if I felt her come out I wouldn't want another one right away. lol but now that I think about it I do. I am ready for the next one/last one.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I handled it well so far two natural vaginal births no meds.im pregnant with #3 and planning the same thing.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 7:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2011