What's your favorite little home remedy trick? it can be for cleaning, health etc...

I love reading up on home remedies. Share a home remedy that you've tried and liked or something you never knew about. I never knew that if you have poison ivy or a sunburn you can soak in a tub of baking soda and water and it will relieve it. I'd much rather of soaked in a tub of baking soda as a kid when i had chicken pox instead of yucky oatmeal.

iheartsquishies

Asked by iheartsquishies at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• coconut oil (pure) is amazing for diaper rashes...vinegar is awesome in the wash...toothpaste gets crayon off the wall...hairspray gets off marker and pen
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I dont own a heating pad or anything, because I prefer to put rice in a pillow case and toss it in the micro wave. Feels better and its alot cheaper :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I add tea tree oil to every load of laundry. It's a natural disinfectant so it kills germs, makes the clothes soft and smell really fresh, and it prevents bacteria and mold growth in the washer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• how clean things get with soda
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Ice cubes get fresh blood out of anything!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Vinegar cleans EVERYTHING.

Also olive oil and sugar make a great scrub while moisturizing. And it won't clog pores.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 5:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yahoo has an article that is pretty cool

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/First-Person-The-6-Surprising-ac-1760244206.html?x=0
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If your kid ever writes on your leather furniture with ball point pen spray a little perfume on it and wipe. It will come off like magic!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Clove oil on a tooth ache.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Pour baking soda down a clogged or slow drain. Then pour vinegar. Gets it clear every time:)
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2011