NEW Multiple Sclerosis Oral Med: "GILENYA", anyone tried?

I have MS and Today I met with my neurologist and he was telling me about the new MS Oral Medication called: "GILENYA"! However, I need a lot more information before I would choose to try this. Has anyone here tried this? He says that it suppresses the Imune System and keeps the white blood cells in the lymph system!

To me it sounds kind of risky, you need tons of tests done before you can even try it. You need to spend the night in a hospital when taking the first dose, can mess with your liver, kidneys, etc ... and can cause a herpes virus to spread throughout the body! UGH!! Frustrated ... I guess I will take my chances with the symptoms of my MS - these drugs just seem so scary to me! What do you think?

You can check it out at www.gilenya.com

isismoon3

Asked by isismoon3 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

Level 66 (1,275,470 Credits)
  • I don't have MS but,that drug is too risky!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My DH feels the same way as you do about that one he is currently on Copaxone since the beginning of the year seems to be doing pretty well with it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011