Fenugreek

Has anyone else tried fenugreek to boost milk supply? Did it work?

fergie92

Asked by fergie92 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used it...I didn't have a whole lot of luck w/it.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I've never heard of it but maybe it's something I should have checked out. I couldn't keep a milk supply with my babies.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I used it. It works. When you take a lot of it, it will make your urine smell like maple syrup. I had trouble swallowing the capsules so I used Mother's Milk Tea. It tastes pretty good. You can drink a lot of the tea. Just like the fenugreek capsules, if you drink a lot of the tea, your urine will smell like maple syrup.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes! It was amazing. Whenever I ran low, I would pick up a big platter of vegetarian gormeh sabzi from my local Iranian restaurant. (It is made with fenugreek). The next day, I always had more milk than I needed.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It sounds like a winner then! I can't seem to keep my supply up and I've tried everything I could think of, and I also want to be able to store milk for when I go to work so I thought I might try this.
    fergie92

Comment by fergie92 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Good luck!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• the first time I used it it did not work but the later found out from a friend who is a consultant that I was not taking enough! the dose for each person is different. You should be taking enough that your palms have a slight maple syrup smell to them. Once I got my dose right it did wonder! I took 3 pills 3xD
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It works fabulously.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It works :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sister lost her milk for three days, and after just two doses of fenugreek it came back with a vengance...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011