So frustrated I want to cry....

My husband is headed home after being gone since January. His flight was supposed to arrive around 2340 est. His current flight was delayed about an hour and now he may but also may not make it in tonight. First off, anyone know how likely is it he can make it from one part of Charlotte airport to another gate in 20 minutes?? And also, how do I keep from being so sad about having to wait another day to see him? Its been over 6 months and I miss him so much...this is killing me!!! :o(

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Travel

• It won't be long now, even with another day delay, all this suffering will be forgotten like it was nothing when he finally gets home to you. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sorry :( But this stuff happens in airports, it stinks! But it's just one more day, stay strong!!! After 6 months, what's one more day? (I know that it's everything!) But he's so close, just be happy he's safe in the states.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You can make more friends to talk to. What you can always do is make videos with your Lo each day or week so hes not missing out or take lots of pics. What does he do may I ask? I am always here if you ever need someone to talk to.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 5:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Take a deep breath. Stresssing about things we have no control over is wasted energy. I have to keep reminding myself of this too. My husband was gone on deployment many times before hhe retired. I totally understand husbands gone for months, even a yr at a time. If he doesn't make it in tonight start making an alternate plan. Like a special meal plan. Signs for the house, bake or prepare something he realllllly loves. Pamper yourself eoither go get a mani/pedi...or make it a spa night at your house. Write him a letter about how frustrating the waiting is for you and exactly what you want to do when he gets home ;)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I am trying soooo hard to not let it get to me and trying to think positive! I've got an hour and a half until my son's bedtime so i'm gonna get him ready to hit the hay and take a bath and hope for the best!!!!!!!! Thanks for the positive responses :o)
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011