What all can I do tht is safe?

Ok so my doctor told me today to try to do whatever I could to get her to move down and for me to start to dilate. I know the basis like sex and walking and squats. What else can I do the is safe for the baby. I NOT to use castor oil.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A favorite in the hospitals is to get a large exercise ball aka labor ball and bounce on it. All of my sisters used it at home and while in labor and they swear by it. I have one that I just need to inflate and start using myself.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I did the yoga ball thing as well, plus walking, sex, rocked in a rocking chair and eating spicy foods. My water broke when I went to bed that night, though I'm still not convinced it was due to any of the things I did.

Keep in mind, though: the more things you do, the more tired (and possibly sore) you're going to be. If your labor does start as a result, you're going to have even less energy (I was beyond exhausted before it even began, and had to give up my plans of having a natural childbirth).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I dont even know where to get one of those? I've never had this problem with my other 2 they just came.
    Anonymous

• They are all over the place, they are just not too obvious since they come in smaller size boxes ready to be inflated.

You can look in the exercise equipment area of any major discount store like Walmart or Target. They are rather inexpensive.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• But I would find them where in the store? The fitness section? Like sports and stuff right?
    Anonymous

• yeah the fitness section
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Ok thanks!!! Oh one more ? are there different sizes and if so which size is best?
    Anonymous

• I got mine at Target, it was called a Balance Ball (they're also commonly referred to as Yoga balls). The ones they had when I was there (in the fitness/sports section) went by height, though the one recommended for me was a lot shorter than I had been anticipating! I'd actually go the size above, or even the size above that if I were doing it again. They don't always have size options, though, so I'm not sure what you'll find!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Thanks!!
    Anonymous