Any tips for teething?

My 6 month old is teething pretty bad and i can tell he is so uncomfortable. Was just wondering what you all might suggest to help ease the pain a bit for him. Maybe there is something I haven't thought to try yet?

Luna88

Asked by Luna88 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son liked a comboniation of all the methods. When it got really bad we gave him tyneol. And sometimes just orjeal and other teething toys, they have some cool new ones you can buy. Or the washcloth method as carolinagirl said is good too. Every baby is different it's good that you are getting other suggestions.
    Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• have you tried teething tablets or teething gel? They both worked wonders for my son when he was teething.
    mommyof2_0911

Answer by mommyof2_0911 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Alternate baby tylonol and baby ibuprophen every four hours. Teething rings are also helpful. Also, try some baby orajel.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You can try putting vanilla extract on his gums or wet a washrag and put it in the freezer so it will get really cold then let him chew on it.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Anah likes paci-sicles lol. She has the Soothie pacis, and likes it when we stick one in the freezer until it's good and cold, she goes to town on it until it warms up- I recommend rotating them if you try that, always keep one in the freezer. She is also partial to chewing on knuckles ;P
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have tried baby orajel and it helps for a little bit...I have tried a couple teething toys, I probably just need to find the right one that he will love.
    Luna88

Comment by Luna88 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thanks, I will try that :)
    Luna88

Comment by Luna88 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011