Anyone here live in the state of Oregon?

What part?
Economy?
Government assistance?
Housing?
Jobs?

Do you recommend relocating to this state at this time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I live in Eugene, Or. And I LOVE it here! The economy is pretty much the same as anywhere else. I really like the government assistance, as I am currently on it :) Its a wonderful time to purchase homes because the economy sucks, and there are several areas in town that I love and could recommend if you chose to move here :) Right now, we do have the highest unemployment rate in the country. Finding work is next to impossible unless you are really qualified. I was born and raised here, and I still love it. Won't ever leave Eugene! I think that if you can find a job... then its a fabulous place to move to :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I live in Portland. I'd never live anywhere else.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Haven't lived in Oregon but I think that state grapples with high unemployment ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I grew up Eugene. We left because there were no living wage jobs and we got very tired of living paycheck to paycheck. We could also not get healthcare assistance for my children especially my son who has severe special needs. Thankfully there was the Child Center for free day treatment. We did love our house and I wish I could find the same kind of housing here. I miss a lot but my standard of living has increased considerably even though now I'm divorced. I have had a lot more opportunity since we left. Oregon does have the Welfare to Work program which requires a person on benefits to work to get benefits, but in my experience the job I had didn't pay well and I never got ahead even with a great education. I worked at the top of my field, no health benefits and got paid only 50 cents over minimum wage after 6 years. Now we get healthcare and when I graduate with my 2nd degree, I will make twice minimum wage to start.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No, but I wish I did, I love Oregon.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't live anywhere close.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I lived in Wa and visited OR, but it is not somewhere I would want to live...
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011