Any tips on how to sooth a cranky two month old when you tried everything you can think of?

mommyof2_0911

Asked by mommyof2_0911 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you think that your baby is cranky due to colic or might your baby be coming down with thrush?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Tylenol? Could it be his ears?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Try Football hold it may be gas or bicycle your lo's legs .Are you BF? if so could be something you ate.G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Put the baby in the car seat and turn the washer on. This helped my kids when they were small.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I had a hard time as well when mine was that old. He also didn't like to nap. Are you having the same problem? He could be over tired and needs help going to sleep. Try the swing. Give it 10 minutes at a time before going to pick up your baby. It lets your baby know you're still close by. It's tough but trust me give it a shot.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Some things I do for when my daughter is cranky:

Nurse (if it's close enough to the next feeding and nothing else has worked), burp her just in case she gulped some air, gas drops if I can tell that it's gas pain that's bothering her, hold her tight, pat her butt, and walk around the house swaying with her, put her in the swing on high, try to give her pacifier in combination with one of the things I mentioned before, if she's not sleepy I'll take her into a well lit room and baby talk her or show her reflection to her, and if everything I've tried doesn't seem to be working I'll hand her off to my husband. Sometimes just letting someone else give it a try does the trick.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2011