Anyone ever have their father/mother abandon you? adult content

just a question.. you can share, or be anonymous, but please no bashing! Possibly not knowing why one of your parents left, or for a crappy reason?. thanks!

SOPHIASMOM

Asked by SOPHIASMOM at 6:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• My bio mom. She is crazy and was definitely not cut out to be a mother, but my "mama" that raised me was wonderful, so in a way I had a better chance with her gone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes. my mother is a alcoholic left my dad to raise three kids. Im old enough now to know she has a disease we tried to help her but she is the one that needs to make that decision on her own. But I wouldnt have it any other way. I have lots of aunts, my grandmother, and friends mothers help me out about girl problems or anything. I have a 1 and half year old son and it makes me want to be a better mom than what my mother was to me! I think if your having problems with it.. you'll find out that you can never forget but you can forgive and move on with your life! :)
    shantelgoetz

Answer by shantelgoetz at 6:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes, my father but he wasn't missed. Having a 'Dad" was what we missed..not the sperm donor we had. He left because my brother pulled a gun on him and called the police the last time he beat my Mother nearly killing her. My brother is my hero. At the time this happened I was 10 and there were very few divorced parents around. Was it hard? Sure...but it was far better than what it would have been if he had still been around. It took me many years before I could admit the abuse and vile dysfunction of my family home...but it is what it is. You embrace what is yours, discard the rest and move forward with life.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My parents never abandoned me physically, but I felt abandoned mentally and emotionally from day 1. They had 12 kids, two of which were younger than me, but I still felt like the younger two had more love than me. When I was 14, a man raped me in a dark alley, I walked to a police station and passed out. When I woke up I was in the hospital where they told me I would need surgery. My parents stayed until after I woke up, and then they didn't come back until I was discharged, two weeks later. I am blessed by the fact that my boyfriend (now husband) was there for me.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• well my dad did first, my moms bf was jealous of him and made my mom not let us see him, and then when I was a teen my mom did after her bf tried to molest me and she decided to move in with me and make me leave
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• In a sense both my parents abandoned me in favor of their alcohol addictions.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my mom was not there in the sense that she worked 12 hour days and went on drinking binges in her room when she had days off....all my life she ignored me. even though we were under the same roof and there was food she just was not there for me. I used to talk non stop to her just to see what I could say to her to get her to talk back to me.
    I even used to tell her the secrets of my friends just to get some sort of reaction but there never was one. I had a baby in high school and the baby was gone for a week at a crisis nursery and yet my mom never questioned or even noticed the baby was gone.
    I basically raised myself because my mom "checked out" and my dad died when I was 6.
    Anonymous

• My mother left me, my dad, and my three younger siblings when I was 12 years old to run off with some guy... Leaving my dad to raise 4 young kids alone, and me her 12 year old daughter to fill the absent roll of mom...
    Luna88

Answer by Luna88 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No, I was very, very fortunate.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My mother when I was eleven. We didn't hear from her for years. We have since reunited but it's not a mother daughter relationship like I know she wants. My dad was awesome enough to take the place of two parents so I was really very lucky.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011