Any ideas for ground turkey recipe/s that u love and want to share?!

I have tried a few different things.. but i am tired of turkey spaghetti, turkey burgers, goulash, wraps.. I want something DIFFERENT!! Thanks ladies! OH ya i am concocting something new tonight with ground turkey. lol

SOPHIASMOM

Asked by SOPHIASMOM at 6:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Two cans of refried beans in a baking dish...top with ground turkey then mozzarella cheese Bake in oven until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream salsa ans tortilla chips.. Our family favorite :) Its called The Dip but makes a Delicious meal!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Oh my... yummmayyyy!!
    SOPHIASMOM

Comment by SOPHIASMOM (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes my ground turkey meatloaf. It's really yummy, even my kids who don't like meatloaf enjoy it. First mix 1 cup oatmeal (dry, old fashioned) and mix with 2/3 cup milk and let it set for about 5 minutes while you do the rest of the stuff. In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Sautee 1 cup diced onions til soft. In a large bowl, mix 1.5 lb ground turkey with the onions, 1 packet of lipton vegetable soup mix, 1 cup of green salsa, and then the oatmeal mixture. Mix thoroughly. Press into a loaf pan or 9x9 baking dish and bake. In the loaf pan it usually takes between 1 hour to an hour and a half. In the baking dish its usually done in an hour. About 15 minutes before it's done I spread on top either a couple tablespoons of the green salsa OR ketchup whichever your family prefers. Mine like both so I do half and half. The salsa gives it an amazing flavor and the veggie soup mix makes it different than regular meatloaf.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We mostly use it for tacos and chili.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Another of our favorites especially in summer: (The top recipe reminded me lol)

Brown 1 lb ground turkey. Add in 1 packet of taco seasoning mix. In a 13x9 pan spread in order: 1 or 2 cans of fat free refried beans (depending how thick you like the bean layer), 8 oz container of sour cream, 1/2 cup your favorite salsa, cooked ground turkey, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, shredded lettuce and then 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkle with chopped black olives if you like them. Serve as a cold dip with your favorite tortilla chips. Really yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We make taco salad (with no shell). Also, we make a chili with it. (1 lb turkey-chili powder & garlic, salt & paper to taste-, 2 cans of black beans and a can of diced stewed tomatoes. Mix all together and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.) It is so yummy! I also do the burgers & spaghetti. I never really cared for it until I had to make the change for us to eat healthier!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have a great turkey meatloaf. PM me is you want the recipe.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I use ground turkey instead of ground beef in almost everything. Tacos, lasagna, sloppy joes, chili, picadillo, you name it.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• baking

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011