Does a baby's name really matter to you?

I don't mean your own baby, I mean someone else's baby. I'm aware there are plenty of names out there that might make some people, if not most scratch their heads but at the same time, do you think it's neccessary for others to throw in their 2 cents on what their opinion of the name is? Does it really matter what others decided to name their children? Maybe this is just another pointless question of mine lol

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Baby Names

• Generally I don't care what people name the kid - it's the spelling that's the issue because I know how hard it can be to have to correct even your teachers on how to say your name (Theresa vs. Teresa) and yes it was pronounced The - Resa
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't care what other people name their children. I mean, it's THEIR child, not mine. It's their decision. I only give my two cents if they ask for it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If someone told me there babies name and I dont like it at all I would never say so. But if I love the name I tell them.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• not my kid.. not my business.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't care, but if they post a question here asking for my opinion, i will give it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree with meooma. If they ask what do you think? That means they want to know and Im not gonna tell someone i love a name that I think is aweful!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No not really, especially if its a family or friend's baby, you are just so happy they baby is here no matter the name you will get used to it.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011