What would you do?

What would you do if you saw a woman in the store with her down syndrome son and she was treating him poorly. I saw a grown woman and her grown down syndeom son in a store and she was making him treat her like she was a princess and she was running her cart into other people and shelves thus forcing him to reroute the direction of the cart and apologize to the nearby people. She was loud and rude to him. I ignored it in case there was more to the situation that I wasnt seeing and at the cash register she was also rude to 2 cashiers and a bagger as well. Just wondering if anyone would have said anything to her? The son looked miserable, absolutely miserable. (I worked in the mental health field for a bit so i do know my facts are in line)

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 6:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Whenever I hear a baby crying, children screaming, or see a situation like that in public, I pray silently for all involved.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I do not say anything to people like that because I have no idea how the outcome will turn out. All that is going to happen is cause friction and people like that cannot be told just once they are rude big mouthed bullies and just change because someone spoke up, usually it makes them worse. So I just keep to myself and ask God to look after the poor souls that have to live with people like that and have no choice.
    Anonymous

• It is not your battle ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011