Allergy symptoms seem to show up only when I'm sick

I've never had seasonal allergies before but recently it seems that whenever I get a common cold, I have symptoms typical of allergies and a cough and tickle in the back of my throat that seems to last forever. The doctor says it's allergy symptoms but it's so weird because I haven't had allergies ever other than a metal allergy. I'm wondering if there are new bio agents in the air that I'm allergic to (hey it's possible) Anyone else have this or any ideas on what this might be?

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 6:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• I don't know if this is true, but don't they say your allergies can change, either lessen or worsen or develop new ones every 7 years? I don't have any allergies but shortly after I had my son, I broke out in hives that covered my whole body and I have no idea why.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I haven't allergies for at least many yrs and I still don't have them unless I have a cold. The cold seems to start the allergy symptoms but then when the cold ends, the allergy symptoms end, too.

Did you have a blood transfusion in the birth of your son? Some people don't respond well to other people's blood so it could be one reason.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011