Is it too early to feel the baby moving?

I am just about 18 weeks along in my pregnancy...I am pretty sure I am feeling the baby move. Is it too early for that? This is my second, but I don't remember when i started to feel my son. Also, had anybody else noticed that when you lay flat on your back you can feel the baby bump more on one side than the other? Often times I can feel a harder bump on my left side...sometimes it will switch to the right...??

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt mine at like exactly 20 weeks but read in a book that after the first child some mothers can actually feel their babies as early as 16 weeks
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think I was right about there with my daughter..It's hard for me to remember too :) the switching sides is totally normal too and when you lay on your back it's DEFINITELY easier to feel b/c you're all flattened out.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think you can feel the flutters around 2 months. You might mistake it for gas, but thats what happened with my daughter, and I'm only 9 weeks along, and I definitely feel the flutters
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Its within the normal range for feeling baby kick, it often takes longer with the first pregnancy. Moving around is normal also, its what they do. Good Luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Ask your OB next appt.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I felt my daughter really early both times. I was small then. IT was a fluttery tickle for me. You could also be carrying this one very forward this time, making it really easy to feel early.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• everyones different ,i felt mine as early as 15 weeks,it wasnt kicking but i felt him roll over,i know someone who only felt movement at 23 weeks,
    angiiexo

Answer by angiiexo at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• with each one, you feel it sooner. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• that's around the normal time to start feeling movement. the more pregnancies you have the earlier you will feel them move.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011