Im not sure if I should bring my DD to the docs or not

My daughter started popping up with red blotches that are raised. I dont see any holes like she got bit or anything. Shes not scratching them, shes acting perfectly normal. But they look NASTY. I did quick research and it says benadryl and calmine lotion. Im thinking about trying that and seeing if that helps and call the docs in the morning if it doesnt go away?? Any suggestions?

Karopie_99

Asked by Karopie_99 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like an allergic reaction to something. I would say to try the Benedryl first before going to the doctor, but if it doesn't improve or gets worse, go to the doctor. At this point it would be the ER anyway (at least around here) so you might as well try on your own first.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would give Benadryl and see if it goes away - could be a crazy allergic reaction - my BFF son is allergic to dog saliva
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Do the lotion and allergy med. It won't be gone by the morning,but,if u don't see an improvement,then take her to the doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• benadryl works wonders and if does not help than I would take in. My girls do that time to time if bite by something or even if I have changed soup or laundry deoragant. Has she eaten anything new and might be from that as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It does sound like an allergy to something. I'd write down everything she ate or did before I noticed the blotches(if you can remember). It may help to know when you speak with the doctor. I hope she gets better:(

I'm a Blogger!
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• There has been no changes in anything. Same soaps, laundry detergants, foods, nothing out of the ordinary. She was at my Bff's house this weekend, but there was nothing different than any other time she is there. When I picked her up Tuesday morning, she said her back hurt. I looked at it and saw 3 red dots. I kept an eye on it all day wed. Between wed night and this morning. 2 new spots on each arm appeared, still has the 3 in a row on her left shoulder. And she also has a smaller one on the side of her mouth. So since yesterday she got 5 more spots. And nothing out of the ordinary. I went to the store and got some benadryl. but she refused to finish it! I only got in a very tiny amount. And then mixed a sip of juice with the meds and snuck it in there so she finished the dose. Shes now sleeping so I dont want to check on her. I have a feeling I might be calling the doctors tomorrow morning. See what they say
    Karopie_99

Comment by Karopie_99 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• normally if i have to question to go to the dr or not normally i will go its always better to be safe than sorry.
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 3:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• take her to the doctor better to be safe then sorry
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2011