First off, love my daughter but boy does she talk alot. She is 5 1/2.

Sometimes I have to tell her to be quite. My younger one doesn't talk a much. Is this common?

Amr515

Asked by Amr515 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you remember how excited you were when she said her first word :D
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Mine doesn't shut up either. It's neverending. I've asked this question before, and yes, it is common.
    Anonymous

• my 6yo is the same way..but he's always talked a lot. so does his dad. its never quiet in our house.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My son will be 6 on Monday and boy oh boy... he never stops! He is my only so I don't know how common this is other than the fact that he talks more than any other child I know. He changes subjects without finishing what he started saying. He also fights his sleep something terrible so he talks the most when he first wakes up and when he is tired. When it's time to eat he will try to talk the ENTIRE time. I have to remind him to eat over and over again.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• YES Ma'am. It seems you'll usually have one that talks alot and one that doesn't-- at least in my family. LOL! Also, it seems that the younger one doesn't talk, because, well... they either don't have a chance or the older one does all the talking for him or her. Mine are 27 and 22 and it's always been that way. Now, with the granddaughters, it's the same way. I laugh because my oldest remembers when I said... "Someday, you're going to get one just like you"!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds like my 4 year old. His 2 brothers don't talk as much. I have asked him if his mother ever told him that he talks too much:) He just smiles real big and says, "Mooooom."
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds like my Zoe, she will yack and yack and yack! drives me crazy sometimes to the point where I tell her to go play with her barbies and have them talk to eachother. I love her to death but I can't talk all day and night
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Each of has our own personalities, our own temperaments.
    She is who she is and sounds confident and happy~

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011