How can i deal with my 10 year olds behavoir disorder

my 10 year old has been treated for oppositional defiant disorder as well as adhd for 2 years. we've been through 3 therapists and psychiatrists. I have taken boystown parenting classes and their plan just does not work on my daughter. i am tired of being screamed at and hit. can anyone give me a clue as what to do next ?

Tuesday3

Asked by Tuesday3 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Can a food allergy affect oppositional defiant disorder? Example: One of my nephews has ADD and another has Tourette's Syndrome. Both of my sisters took gluten out of their DS's diets. The boys are getting better grades in school and have no difficulty focusing on what is going on around them.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i will try this, no one has ever brought up allergies
    Tuesday3

Comment by Tuesday3 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My neighbor suggested the allergy thing when I was having issues with my now 11yo (who probably has ODD and severe anxiety). I never went that route and for some reason she has mellowed over the last year (since we moved shortly after she turned 10).

She said her daughter had severe behavior issues as a toddler/preschooler and then they found out she was allergic to EVERYTHING including food dyes, wheat products, milk products, etc. This was back in the 80s before this stuff was common knowledge. She said they adjusted her diet and suddenly their daughter was an angel. I've known this girl since we were 11/12 years old and she's is the calmest, most agreeable person I know.

Good luck. I know what it's like to deal with and it isn't fun.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Also, try removing dyes (esp. reds) from the diet. Look up the Feingold Diet. And have you talked to your doc about medications? It is a very hard choice to make to medicate your child, I've been there... but it can also improve theirs, and your quality of life if the right meds are given...
    AaronsMom79

Answer by AaronsMom79 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011