Mirena question

can you get pregnant while on mirena i will start having pink spotting and then stop then i get really sick to my stomach and my stomach is killing me and so is my back i just got the mirena in a month ago and these symptoms just started i just had my third baby two months ago so i really dont need another baby

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can get pregnant on any birth control, IUDs included. No birth control is 100%. I suggest going to your doctor.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• hey! i've been on mirena almost a full 5 years now and everyone is a bit different on it. mirena is more dependable than any other method, but it still isn't 100 percent. it's normal to have a period for awhile...that's probably your body adapting to a newer lighter cycle. i was concerned too. i was cramping pretty bad at first...i must have called the doc 50 times :) but it's ok, that's their job and that's your body! i'ts normal for your periods to stop entirely in a few months. sometimes mine stop, but i mainly still get them, just way lighter. and i spot from time to time too. go ahead and call your doc and tell them your symptoms. if you're running a fever or something it might be that its' just not meant for you. but definately call them and you can look up mirena ...they have a site just for ya and even a video.
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I agree with all the PP. Definitely ask, because you always want them to know and they know what to worry about much better than any of us here-- but spotting, backpain, cramping- had those to some degree the whole year I had that in. In fact, I had to buy pregnancy tests because I would never have had a clue.

It did get better, but it never totally went away for me.

Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I had Mirena for 4 years and never got my period with it or cramped. Very light spotting some months but thats it. now ive had it out for 6 weeks and still havent got my period hm.....
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011