Does anyone have some good/easy instructions to make a diaper cake?

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have.. I am just seeing if anyone have easy to follow instructions and a pic of what it looks like.. I am making my bff one for her shower :) and thank u!!
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• roll each diaper, then hold it closed with 2 elastics (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom). bunch the diapers up to make the centre of the cake and secure it with a couple more elastics, then add more diapers in circles around the bundle until it is the desired size for the layer (use really big elastics to hold them all together OR tie it tightly with a ribbon) To keep it from tipping over, buy a wooden dowel and stick it down the centre of the cake. Add decorations and little gifts (soothers, socks, etc. are good ideas for the cake)

alternately instead of using a ribbon to tie around the layers you can wrap a pretty receiving blanket around each layer and pin it with diaper pins
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i have a pic of one my SIL made me I will PM it to you :)
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• thank you so much angelgirl!! :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• sorry i can't seem to find the picture at the moment but the instructions i mentioned above are how i usually make them, i've made about 20 of them for various people with different themes but used that basic method for all of them.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I make at least two a week. I hate to say this, but I google and look at the ones online and then go from there.

Also look on ebay! there are some fab ones.

One thing I have been doing is making diaper wreaths. I buy stryofoam wreaths and slip the diapers around the wreath and secure with a rubber band. I use lots of curly ribbon around the rubber band and then add gifts using more curly ribbon.

I make diaper babies, diaper bears and diaper motorcycles!!!!!!!!!
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 7:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• thank you angelgirl!! very easy instructions!! I will post the pic when I am done next wk :)

thanks I luv vera.. I am gonna ck out the diff pics!! :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• http://www.ehow.com/how_5235147_make-beautiful-diaper-cake.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thats with laminate cake see you tube....
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You'll get extra ideas if you Google using the word 'nappy' or 'nappies' too. I just found this http://www.unique-gift-ideas.biz/?p=168

Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 5:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011