How close to your due date did you give birth??

My first baby is due in 10 days.... and I am so excited!!! I just don't want to wait any longer than 10 days! :)

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 7:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor a week and a day before my due date. I know what you're going through. hope your baby comes early for you too! GL
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 8:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Within 3 weeks after the due date with my children.

A due date is a mid-point, of course, so do not focus on it like baby *should* be out BY then or you make yourself miserable.
    Be realistic and fair to your baby; work on patience.

Best wishes!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• DS was 10 days late! DD was a scheduled C-sec 5 days early but I was having contractions when I got to the hospital for surgery.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My first was exactly 1 week early and the rest just got early for me. But keep in mind that just because you have a due date does not me that your baby will be born before that date or even on that date. I think, but not sure that as long as the baby looks good doctors will let you go up to 42 weeks before inducing. A better sign might be what is going on with your cervix when it has been checked, but that isn't always a for sure indication either. Good Luck.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I started contractions 1 week and 1 day before my due date, but delivered 6 days before my due date (long labor, 40+ hours). I was scheduled to be induced 3 days before my due date though, so I would've delivered a smidge early anyway.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I was due June 11, gave Birth - after being induced - on June 7 (2007).
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 8:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my first I had on my due date and my second I had 6 days before my due date, but I was induced with both of them.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• First DD was born on her due date.. Second DD was induced a week before. Third child DS was born 10 days early.. I was kinda happy about that one.. I didn't want to be in labor on our anniversary :) I was wanting a really nice dinner date :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• 4 days after my due date, by c-section. She was very content in there and did not heed the eviction notice lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• ooops, sorry!
    I see that you said "first" baby.

So the due date is the average (estimated) MID-point within the due period (38-42 weeks) *overall.
    But for first-time moms, the average is 41 weeks, 1 day.

Not exactly what you might want to hear--
    :- /
    But it's important to be aware so you can adjust your expectations.
    Unnecessary interventions are common when moms have these expectations.

You are likely to go a week past your due date to reach the mid-point ( = normal).
    If you don't / go on farther then this is normal, too.

Best wishes!
    And hugs!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011