REALLY?!?!?

So just got back from a WIC appointment, it was a class. The class was about safety for babies, no big deal. Well DD got hungry during the class so I made her a bottle, the woman teaching class actually pointed at my DD and said, "This baby has no reason eating a bottle of formula right now, she is not hungry". Really? How the hell do you know if she hungry? Do you know when the last time she ate was? I knew for sure that she was hungry, it had been 4 hours since she had last eaten, and I fed her a bottle because giving her a bottle in my lap is a whole lot easier than trying to feed her baby food in my lap. Where does this WIC "nutritionist" get off saying my baby is hungry? They see my baby once every few months, I spend all day every day with her, I think I know her just a little bit better than they do! On top of that she said if you feed them anything that is not on the checks that they give you then they WILL get diabetes. So if I feed my daughter a little plain pasta or pieces of bread she is going to get diabetes? Give me a break! I know that giving my daughter little bites of new things, such as pudding, ect. is not going to give her diabetes. Yes letting them eat tons of unhealthy things all the time might predispose them to getting diabetes, but if I let my daughter have one tiny bite of cake, or a little spoon of pudding, a little piece of cheese, she is not going to get diabetes from it!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 8:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• those wic nutritionists don't know shit. they once told me my daughter was anemic and a week later at her pediatrician checkup her iron was very good.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• WTF?! That's crazy!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 8:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You should still clean her mouth out after feeding her formula something about it can still harm the teeth that are under the gum linem and wic I am notorious for the whole smile and nod trick. Just let it roll off your back mama
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would have told her point blank "it has been 4 hours, she IS hungry!"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• WIC lady must have smoked crack that day, watch a crazy person!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOL, I did, I said, "Well, actually this is her normal eating time, she eats every 3-4 hours, just like every other baby her age."
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• good lol what did she reply to that?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• is she crazy? I would have put in a complain. Whos she to know??
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• hmm, sounds like a right out of college know it all
    Anonymous

• i hate wic. the women that work at the wic office i go to are always rude and bitchy and it doesnt matter what time of the day you go in. them seem to hate their jobs and the kids they see through out the day. maybe you should try to report her for the way she acted towards you. that was completly uncalled for on her part.
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011