How do you wash your clothes

How do you wash the never ending supply of clothes?

I have a schedule on what gets done on what days (unless we have a potty training accident).
I separate kids from adults. Mine from DH (he works in chemicals and are in their own basket) and then my MIL's clothes in another load. They all get sorted by darks, lights, and whites (which get bleached). If there really isn't enough to make a load then same color families go together regardless of whose they belong to (again except DH) I use vinegar with the bath towels 2x a week. I bleach all whites once a month (letting them soak about an hour then washing)

What soap do you use? Softener?

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It's sad, but the only separating of clothes that I do are kids and adult. I would separate colors and whites once upon a time, but it became mounds and mounds because I'm notorious for abandoning the soon to be folded pile and putting them away is only good if I can get my kids to help out. If it says cold I'll do cold loads and warm loads...I take out what needs to be line dried before the rest goes in the dryer. Training undies and towels go together after I've scrubbed the stains out. I try to get 2 loads a day 5x a week, but it's always endless...and socks...I have a huge under the bed bag for non matching or unsorted SOCKS. LOL. Using Tide and Snuggle and the Tide gel for stains.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i check pockets and toss them all in at once (adult, kid, work ect) and toss in a color catcher sheet from shout. I use ALL soap and call it good
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have to use HE soaps, etc
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Darks and whites
    all in warm
    Downy liquid and Gain detergent
    Every other day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wash the clothes as needed. If I notice we are low on towels, or if the boys need shorts washed I wash them. I use gain soap and snuggle fabric softener.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds complicated LOL.. I just sort and wash, I add bleach to whites only and I use Tide with a touch of downy.. I don't separate the kids from adults etc...It sounds like a waste of water, washing powders and time.. I can see washing hubby's clothes separate if he works with chemicals though..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• When u get nekked, u throw the clothes in the washer, when u notice it's full, u start it. When u walk past and notice the washer isn't running and the lid is closed, that means switch it. When u see there is clothes in the dryer, u fold em.

Everyone here does laundry, not just me. No seperating or nothing happens.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i wash mine and my son's together because dh's clean/dirty piles are a mystery to me. i "man-wash" (as someone once called it) and everything goes in together
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• drowning in laundry I'm washing now.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Forgot to add I use Smart n Final Simply Value detergent and don’t use softener.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011