Do you cry...

when you see your dd/ds doing something you didnt realize she/he was old enough for?

I'm watching my 2 DD play together with blocks...not just stacking them but actually building a house. They go to the fridge and get their own juice boxes...the things you suddenly realize they don't need you for anymore...i cry like a baby sometimes...i will be solid as a rock when she turns from me to her preschool teacher this fall...but as soon as i am back in my van i have a feeling i will dissolve into tears. She is so grown up and it makes me so happy but i sometimes miss that bottle feeding, diaper changing, hold me tight rock me asleep little girl...

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I cry every time they reach another milestone and accomplish something
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wait until she comes to you to tell you all the stories she has to share with you.
    The bottle feeding, the diaper changing, etc. will get replaced by many more memorable moments.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• oh no doubt...they are there too...not replaced really...like the other night...DD (4) showing DD (2) how to use the potty...i walk in and both of them are sitting on the toilet facing the same way...i grabbed DH phone and snapped a pic...i still cry though lol
    LadyOsgood

Comment by LadyOsgood (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Nope, actually, I didn't like the dependent ages much. And I LOVE to see them develop and become more their own people. But...

What I will miss is the smile of pure joy that a child of 2 allows herself all the time, but a child of 6 is starting to try to repress to be cool. The hugs and kisses and "I love you"s that they hand out all day long. The easy talking, when they want to tell me all sorts of things that they are happy about, and even afraid about. I will miss the closeness and the childlike joy, that so many of us try to hide, the silliness and excitement about everything. I will hate to be shut out from their inner selves.

I do cry, and I cry a LOT, when they graduate, learn something new, etc. But I am starting to suspect that, apart from the 2 year old fits, these 2-6 ages are the best ones for me... so much learning and growing but so innocent...
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011