How do you handle stress?

im an emotional eater.....its awful....but true....

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• Alcohol...Just kidding. I ride my horse. It really helps with the stress.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Running
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'm also an emotional eater. I'm trying to change that, but with all four kids home from school, can't seem to find any me-time to distress over. I think if anything, I've been playing Angry Birds on facebook to distract myself and relax.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It is not uncommon to need to work on different coping skills. It is a battle within. Kind of like Jim Careys' scene in "Liar, Liar". When he beats himself up in the bathroom. That is a visual I picture. It helps me to laugh and see that this battle is all about me. "I am the problem and the solution". There are things about me I have worked on changing in the past but I also know the dark passengers I carry can only be conquered if I starve them out and learn how to overcome their stronghold. It is a matter of getting busy and making alot of small changes. Take each day. Find something to do instead of emotional eating that day. Paint your nails, go on a walk, go to a park, work on a project. Make a list of the dreams you had when you were young. Do small things towards those dreams. The new passion will soon become your coping skills. Fight !! and smile - you are beautiful.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I work out, meditate, or clean...
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011