Isn't this crazy??

Both my best friend and husband were abandoned by their mothers.
Best friend's mom was a really bad alcoholic. Abusive and all. She went to rehab for 6 months and my friend and her sister went to live with their grandma. When her mom got out of rehab she invited the girls over to see her new apartment. It was a 1 bedroom....She informed the girls then 12 and 16,that they couldn't live with her because she couldn't handle the stress so the sister was sent to her dad's and my friend went back to grandma's
My husband's mom decided one day she was moving to WI from IL and packed up her 12 year old daughter...AND LEFT! My DH and his brother came home to an empty locked house. Both went to stay with an aunt.
Unbelievably in both cases,no one contacted CPS and just went on like this stuff happened every day!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Even on my worst of worst days, I couldnt imagine not seeing my children every day. My DD goes to her father for the summer every year...and it about kills me. I have to refrain from calling her every 20 minutes...so I dont upset her father or SM. I dont understand people like this at all.
    Weird enough though, both my mom and dad went through their moms "running" away. My mom's was only gone for a short time, but my dads was gone for years. I dont get it!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Wow!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i dont understand how a mother can just up and leave her children!! Those women were obviously mentally ill

niki.farlow

Answer by niki.farlow at 9:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011