Im 37 weeks with a breech baby,is there any way i can turn him or will i have to get a c-section??

Mommy2be1963

Asked by Mommy2be1963 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My sisters Doula turned her baby 2 days before she went in to labor. I bet most Dr's won't do it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• ugh he was head down yesterday now he head up
    Mommy2be1963

Comment by Mommy2be1963 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The can try to turn him by pushing on your belly it's extremely pain full though and can cause ruptures, other then giving birth to a breach baby I don't know what else can be done. Good luck hope he turns in the next 3 weeks.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The baby still has time to turn head down.. Don't worry just yet :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• This happend to me around this time. my dd turned around 37 or 38 wks. they were trying to wait it out to see if she would make it back around-but its risky to have them turn the baby. cause it could be tangled around with the embillical cord (and then you probably would have to get emergency csection-bc the baby oxgyen is cut off.) and you cant see it on the cord on the ultrasound..my doc asked me if i wanted them to try to get them to turn the baby-and i said no.and said i would get the csection. and good thing i didnt-bc my dd ended up having the cord wrapped around her neck twice. and csection isnt as bad as most ppl say it is. im a small gal-and there wasnt much pain. although it was there. Just make sure you explore ur options..GOOD LUCK with you and the baby :)
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If he's still flipping, you know he still CAN flip. My oldest turned at 38 weeks, the night before I went to the hospital.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What do *you* want?

If you prefer to avoid a cesarean then it's important to consider who you have hired~ IF they attend vaginal breech deliveries.
    Then you can start thinking about the many ways to naturally coax baby vertex (head down).
    Always keep in mind that pre & early labor contractions are helpful to turn baby.

Webster, moxibustion, pulsatilla, exercises, etc are effective to turn baby if you want to be pro-active.
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My DS Lucas would flip around all the time. Thought I'd have to have a C section. But they've done studies where mother's talk to the baby and TELL them to flip and somehow they do... it's worth a shot :)
    Lucas flipped right before my due date and would wrap and unwrap himself in his cord, twice! Little guy tried to give me a heart attack! Good luck!
    b.inwonderland

Answer by b.inwonderland at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Look up a chiro who specializes in the WEBSTER technique. My LO was breech at 37 weeks and within 2 times of seeing the chiro and getting adjustments, she was turned. It's worth a try....better than a c-section.
    LandonsMa0403

Answer by LandonsMa0403 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011