What traditions do you have with your kids?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 9:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• cribbage competetitions, trips to the cabin, practical jokes, making gourmet food and gatherings of extended family and friends.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Little things we do...buy Christmas ornaments from wherever we travel over the year and reflect on them when we put up our tree. We have all the grandparents over on Christmas morning to watch the kids open presents, and then I make breakfast and coffee for everyone.

4th of July is another favorite holiday. We always go to multiple shows with different friends and family, and we go to my dad's hometown parade with him and then to a BBQ at his church afterward so he can show off the grand babies. The kids ride in the parade in my grandpa's truck.

On Thanksgiving we go to my grandma's and all the young kids stay there so all the rest of us can go shopping on Black Friday...LOVE it!

On New Year's Eve my sister and I keep all the kids while most of the adult's go out to a hotel that does drinks and parties...we let them have a party and then the next morning everyone in the family goes to the hotel to swim and celebrate.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Bedtime.

It's grown a little more over the past 2 years, and we no longer have to bother with jammiegations - it's all footless all the time now.  Some nights we have to rush through some of it, but we still do all the kisses and say all the words every night.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Every night we cuddle on the couch and watch Wheel of Fortune, sometimes Jeopardy if they've been good. Although as they get older (4 and 7 now) it's less cuddling and more being in the same room reading different books.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• pic a special ornament each year individually, make cookies, i take vacation every year the first week of school so they have me in the morning, pic special gifts out for each other, help with each others scrap books
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• making cookies with my 6yo,We go on mommy/son "dates"(diner,movies,that kind of thing) monthly,wee read books together nightly
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011