Which is worse, first day of school

1. The child that just walks into the class room and say "Bye, Mom."
2. The child that is crying and screaming for you not to leave. Where you'd have to sneak out for the first few days of school.
My kids were the ones who just said "Bye, Mom, See ya later."

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 2, I think it's great for them when they want to go with no tears.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My dd was always the one to just say "Bye." I am glad of that! I was probably the only parent there not taking pics and acting crazy.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• first one,that was my son on the school bus at 4 yrs old!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my dd was always the one that would just say by and do her own thing. i've had friends that had to sneak out...i much prefer my situation then theirs, so I say the crying one is worse.
    elliesmum06

Answer by elliesmum06 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would be very happy with the "bye mom". I wouldn't worry about them so much.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My twins cried to the point of their teacher and another one had to pry them off of me! I was trying so hard to be strong but lost it! They were screaming for me and saying Mama dont leave me! I'm tearing up now thinking about it! It was one of the hardest things I've ever done to walk away! I felt so bad! I wish they would've walked away and said Bye...
    mom2lilangels

Answer by mom2lilangels at 9:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• On his first day of kindergarten, my son told me I did not need to walk him into the building to his classroom, and gave me a quick kiss and said 'bye' and was on his way. I was proud of him. I would have felt terrible if he had cried and I had to pry him off of me to leave. On his second day he rode the bus. That day, apparently the bus was picking up a little girl and she was crying hysterically. My son felt bad for her and walked to the front of the bus and called out to the girl. He said it was okay and not to be scared. He then held her hand and sat next to her and explained all the bus rules again and then walked her to her classroom. He went and got her from her classroom after school and took her to the bus and held her hand all the way home. My son thought girls were icky, so I was really suprised when he brought home an award for doing this every day for a week. I got a kind note from the girl's mom.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would so much rather have my kids be happy when I'm leaving them somewhere - at any age!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• crying. my son was so good......he said bye and was really happy to go to school...
    geminilove7192

Answer by geminilove7192 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011