Fund raisers for school

Im on the booster board for our high schools choir in the fall. Does anyone have any suggestions for fund raisers beside Helen Grace chocolate bars and cookie dough? Looking for some new ideas because we still have about 1000 chocolate bars from last year that didnt sell. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't know how much they cost but when I was in high school there were these giant lollipops of all kind of flavors. I can't think of the name of it but Ive only been out for 6 years so I know they still sell them. My school always made a ton of money off that. Carwashes always seem to be a hit too. I just found the suckers on a website---this is them!! http://www.easy-fundraising-ideas.com/products/wholesale-lollipop-fundraisers/
    jenni_j

Answer by jenni_j at 9:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• the yummy licks... the first one but there are a ton on there.
    jenni_j

Answer by jenni_j at 9:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What about bake sales where all the parents make/buy different baked goods and sell them. Some of the schools around here also do car washes and some organizations just have the children in front of walmart asking for donations.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Our key club has done a lot of car washes and they seem to do well. I would not want the kids panhandling for money, it seems like it sets the wrong example to me. Our local band sells fruit and wreaths at Christmas time. We have also sold cards and gift wrap (junior high band, I think) and kids in high school could do a parent's night out event.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What ever the fundraiser, it think each grade should sell something different. It's crazy when you gear 5 kids or more knocking at your door selling the same thing. On that note I vote for hoggies. Homemaid!
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don';t know if this would be allowed these days or not, but when I was in HS (25 years ago) you could buy candy canes or valentines flowers to be delivered in class every day (in the home room) with a note. It was $1 or $2 per delivery, and students delivered of course, so the cost was almost nothing. It worked fabulous- you could send a friend something, or a girlfriend, or you could play pranks... but it only works if the kids have money.

As a parent, I am pretty against any overpriced candy bars or wrapping papers. I'd rather give cash. Is there a way you could collect cash and take records for tax benefits?

Magazine subscriptions are semi-valuable and can be sold without being too overpriced.

Local restaurants/coffee shops will give 10%, but again that is food. Coffee though, goes over well with parents.

Having things like throwing a pie at an administrator or otherwise annoying them can work...
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• car wash
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• One group at our school sells holiday wreaths, another sells poinsettias, one hosts a book fair.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i dont know if you have little caesars pizza chains where you live, but i sold those for alot of fundraisers and they made enough money for a trip to florida (from washington state) for me.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011