Birthday thanks yous on fb

Do you think it is a faux pas when you send a person a bday wish and instead of going through and saying thank they give a general "thanks for allt he biday wishes"...IDK some reason I think it is wrong/lazy and trying to make yourself seem like you had so many wishes (most dont) you couldn't send a simple thank you once they posted the wish? Im old fashion

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• quot "trying to make yourself seem like you had so many wishes (most dont) "

haha that was so funny and so true, lol

But I agree wiy not write someone at least a few lines.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If someone posted "best birthday wishes" on facebook, then I would expect a facebook "thanks". But if someone sent a birthday card, then at least a personal phone call might be in order. But I have never sent a thank-you card for getting a birthday card. Am I lazy? I don't know. I'm lucky if I get the birthday cards that I buy addressed and mailed before the receiver passes away. I'm terrible when it comes to cards!

The internet opens up a whole new can of worms for etiquette, and there is no Emily Post to guide us through it.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Personally, I don't spend a lot of time on facebook and on my birthday I got 37 birthday wishes. It would have taken me forever to respond to all of those. I don't think there is anything wrong with just sending out a generic thank you. It's not like they sent you a card or anything.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The only time I've seen someone not have "so many wishes" if when they have a very small, family only friends list to begin with. For most people it would take an hour to reply to everyone individually.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Okay, so you want a thank you for noticing your events calender flashing you? I send a generic thank you all on facebook. It's not personal enough for me to really care about. Now if you email, call, text, send a letter, a card, or come by my house on my birthday, I am the happiest person on earth and make sure you know it.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 9:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• if you're posting on FB don't expect a personal answer. did you send it as a personal message? or on her wall? if you post publicly don't be offended if they reply publicly
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't get on there throughout the day like some people. I get on once before bedtime. I received over 50 B-day wishes, even with one line that would take a while. I just do the simple thank you to everyone.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011