Thighs and the "cottage cheese"

Do any of you have any exercises they would recommend to getting rid of cellulite on thighs?

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• running girlfriend!! run run run
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Anything you can do to burn fat in the area will help you. The thing that causes it is the stringy ligaments that run between your skin and your muscle. Some of us have tighter ligaments that "pull" making those fabulous dimples as fat accumulates. Get rid of the fat and it will smooth out quite a bit.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I just started getting the dimples and I wanna get rid of it asap! lol!
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I can't run since multiple knee injuries and surgeries, so I use a mini tramp. It gets great results with not as much force on the joints.... 5 minutes on it gives the same results as running a mile.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Run, Forest, ruuuuuun!

Seriously, running is a great exercise. Try exercises that tone up your legs, such as running or climbing hills/stairs. Distance walking is great too.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Elliptical!! My bestest best friend!!
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 11:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Anything that will help you get rid of fat will help reduce cellulite, which is simply fat under the skin. Change your eating habits, never eating less than 1200 calories a day, and do cardio and strength training. The strength training will firm you up, which makes a huge difference with cellulite.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• animal fat causes it. so exercise and reduce your saturated fat intake.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would say to do cardio and strength traning comboniation and be patient it takes time.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011