I had an Implanon inserted in my arm

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever gotten pregnant while having one of these.  They said that it is good for 3 years, but I just dont see how something that is an inch long and the width of a coat hanger is going to keep me from getting knocked up for 3 years? Must be time released or something? Hmmm, It will be interesting to see the results :)

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 7:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It works. There was a product like this out in the early 90's that was pulled from the market due to the removed process causing muscle damage and being difficult in addition to other side effects. I cannot remember the name of the product- I thik it was Norplant and consisted of six rods.

Personally, I would not want an implant or IUD to prevent pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I was going to get this until I reasearched it more and learned that it hasn't been on the market for very long so the possible side effects are not known very well yet. Just doesn't seem right having something implanted under your skin.
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008