Do you shower before your kids are in bed or after?

I'm a single parent. I have to shower after my kids are in bed, b/c if I leave them alone long enough to take a shower, they'll be into any and everything they can. I have friends that are single parents, and they claim to be able to shower while the kids are up. So, my question is, single parent or not, are you able to shower while your kids are awake or do you have to wait until they are in bed? Or perhaps, do you PREFER to wait until they are in bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• I prefer to take a shower while they are alseep, I have taken one while they were awake in their room, which I can see from my bathroom, but it is like a 5 minute shower. Because I'm afaid to be in there to long, so I take it when they are sleeping.
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i can def. take a shower when my daughter is awake. i will bring her in her huge play pen and then i go take a shower.. not a problem at all..

but most of the time i shower when she is in bed or sometimes we even shower together. thats a lot of fun and she loves it to splash the water all over her mommy :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I shower every morning with my kids awake. They are 2 and almost 4. I put on the TV for them and sometimes they sit and watch, but most of the time they play in the playroom or thier rooms while I am showering. I have been doing this since my youngest was about 12 months old. They do really well for the short time I am in the shower.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I usually wait until they are in bed. But sometimes I do just wait until my 1 yr old is taking a nap. The 3 yr old will sit and watch tv for a little while, so he's fine. But the baby just gets into everything and there's no way I'm leaving him unsupervised!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my DD is only 6 months, and because her dad works 3rd he's usually home with her while i take a shower. sometimes i do it while she's napping, but i normally don't do it after she goes to bed at night because i don't like going to bed with wet hair. during the weekend i will take a bubble bath while he's taking care of her. he's really good about helping me watch her.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I shower in the morning before we bring them to school.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Up until my youngest was about 4 I showered after they were all asleep. Now that they are 12, 10, and 7 I shower when they are going to bed. I tuck them all in and then head to the shower. This way I'm still upstairs to hear if anyone starts tormenting one of their brothers while they should be sleeping:)
    san3

Answer by san3 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Depends on the age and the kid.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008