Is it possible to get a false positive on a pregnancy test in the evening?

me and my hubby have been trying to concieve for over a year now and i am a day late so i toke a hpt at like 5:45 pm and it came up posivite. i dont wanna get my hopes up so is it possible it could be false.

mistealea

Asked by mistealea at 9:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sure, its possible, but not likely.....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• A false positive is near impossible. Congrats!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would say its safe to get your hopes up....
    ABusyBee

• it's not very likely to get a false positive. do you have a pic of the test?
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• False positives are very rare. Sounds like it's time to celebrate!!! Woohoo!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• False positives are next to impossible! Sounds like you my dear are PREGNANT! Time to celebrate! Congratulations!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Tests are more likely to be falsely NEGATIVE at night when levels are low. If you got a positive, you can go ahead and have a glass of celebratory ginger ale ;)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• As long as the positive result showed up in the time frame to read the results I would say you are pregnant. Congrats.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• KateDinVa, How liklely is a false negative at night. I have had spotting for 10 days now and havent got a clue whats going on because i have irregular periods. Yesterday i took a test at 5.10pm and really had my hopes up until i afterwards... it was negative :( Your answer had me thiknking maybe there is still hope x
    BabyMad93

Answer by BabyMad93 at 6:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Congrats:) false tests are very rare, if u ain't sure about the results, get the blood test done.
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 9:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011