Ways to induce

Besides castor oil.....what are some ways to induce labor. I know patience is key and baby will come when ready however, with my first son my body would not dialate and I tried for 44 hours before they had me to a c-section. My son was huge...10.4, I am tracking for a very large baby this go around and this time I can tell the baby has dropped. My son never dropped. So I won't do anything that would harm the baby so please dont be negative and judgmental. Please if ou have any advice, share with me.

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Main things I have heard of is walking and sex, not sure if either work though.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Walking! We had B at the mall daily for weeks before she had the little guy
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• sex!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• take a hot shower and let the wate rrun on your breast for as long as you can take it, hot spicy foods
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 10:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I heard walking is good, but I walked and walked and walked for the whole 3 weeks I carried my 4th baby past my due date. What eventually got me into labor was going in to the hospital to be induced: I was terrified, and went into labor spontaneously. :P
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i walked all over and ate as much spicy food as i could handle and nothing short of pitocin did it for me! good luck!!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I walked so much with my daughter and it didnt work. I went a week late. But supposedly lots of walking, sex and nipple stimulation is suppose to help jump start labor.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thanks guys, so far I have tried pineapple, rasberry leaf tea, dancing with the wii, nipple stimulation and sex. I guess this baby is not done cooking lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If your first baby was that large and you had to have a c-section it was probably the baby wasn't going to fit. If you are expecting to have another large baby it probably will not fit either and you will probably end up with another c-section. However, sex is suppose to be good because  semen contains something I can't remember what it is that can cause labor and nipple stimulation is suppose to work. But the nipple stimulation has to be a lot. I think someone suggested using a breast pump. Good luck for a healthy delivery.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What was it you were trying for 44 hours that didn't work?
    That is a long time!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2011