Empty sac?

Ok went to the ob 2 weeks ago and she was thinking I was 10 weeks or so due to my last Period, which I knew couldn't be due to when I started have unprotected sex. So anyways she did a vaginal u/s and she said I was around six weeks. So I went back today 2 weeks later for another u/s and now she says she doesn't see a baby in the sac:( my question is has this happened to anyone and they waited and there really was a baby?? I'm really nervous, this would be my second baby and I was so excited. She is sending me for another u/s tomorrow vaginal and trans also blood work to check my level, but she is already talking about a d&c which seems like she is moving way to fast for me. Can someone please share there stories, or give me some insight about what i should do?? Thanks for all the help!

MommieOf286

Asked by MommieOf286 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• PM me. I had it happen several years ago. It made no sense at the time and I too had a D&C. I'm so sorry girl. Hugs to you and love to you as well.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• This has happened to me as well, I was 7 weeks and within a day or so I mis. I did have blood work done levels were not up but going down. This is why she doing blood work on you. I did then have to have a D&C. I wish lots of hugs.
    Anonymous

• I didnt have the D & C and it took 5 months to miscarry. It was very painful physically. I'm sorry you have to go through this. If you want to wait a few more weeks just to make sure that there isnt a baby, you have that option. I mean really if there is a baby obviously you'll know with another u/s in a few weeks and if there isnt, not much will change. Good luck.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• This happened to me also, i was having twins, after some heavy heavy bleeding i went into the ER, they said nothing, and sent me to see a OB/GYN, who informed me, one sac was empty. I wish i could give you some answers but sadly i cant. I do wish you lots of love and hugs!!!!
    Sarahg83619

Answer by Sarahg83619 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011