How important is it for you...

... to buy organic? Do you try to buy organic as much as possible or do you just stick to buying organic for the "dirty dozen"?

Asked by katiemomNY at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We have very, very few organic options around here, but if we lived somewhere where I could go to any store and buy organic anything, I would buy exclusively organic. As it is, I buy as much as I can, which is usually one or two produce items if I can find them.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would but mostly organic if my hubbs wasnt so cheap. Time to time I sneak off to Sprouts, (my fav local grocer) and stock up on all the good stuff. No unnatural preservatives, no fillers, no yuck! I did that today in fact and made the best tasting (and the healthiest) dinner I have had in years! YUMMMM!

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't really go out of my way to buy organic food :)

Answer by Tarrar at 10:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Most things for me are organic, including meats and veggies and even my skin cleanser and face lotion.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i try to but budget wise ,sometimes it's kind of difficult.

Answer by iheartsquishies at 10:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• its not important 2 me 2 buy it..

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I like to buy organic eggs.
    Organic Milk
    And some organic fruit
    I've noticed that stores are now stocking the organic version of all foods such as organic sugar, organic pasta, organic sauce, organic beans, even organic chips.

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I buy organic.

Answer by sherribeare at 11:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I won't buy organic.. IMO in most cases it's a waste of money to buy organic for a lot of products.... I'm not going to go into a rant about it.. but I worked in a place that did organic and regular foods.. the difference: was how we cleaned the machines before and after we ran the product lines.. One with water, the other with environmentally friendly soap and water.. (the plain water was for organic foods)..
    the ingredients were the same otherwise.. so yaeh, I'm sorry I think it's a bunch of BS.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Honestly, I only buy organic when it is cheaper.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2011