What's up with birds singing at night?

sometimes I can hear birds singing late at night...it's weird. I was outside and the crickets were singing along with the birds at almost 10 pm? anyone know?

iheartsquishies

Asked by iheartsquishies at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• yes, depending on where you live...we have a mockingbird that starts at about 7 pm and goes til about 8 am...they sing to their mate in the nest...very sweet and i LOVE hearing it. Im sure ther are MANY other types of birds that do it also...however, I live in Las Vegas...so a mockingbird is as good as it gets :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• There are night bird. Black crowned night herons, yellow crowned nh, yellow crested night herons. Depends on where you live.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• This instantly reminded me of the movie failure to launch when the girl says "What kind of damn devil bird chirps at night" We have a mocking bird who chirps at night...all night...and I want to shoot it!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Not where I live..thankfully! That would drive me nuts, lol.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 11:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• how cute! i never knew that. thanks for all the info. btw, about that movie, i love it! seen it a dozen times on tv, but never got the name of it. :)
    iheartsquishies

Comment by iheartsquishies (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011