What can I do to make it extra special?

This March we will be going to Colombia South America to visit my mother in law. This is the first time she will be meeting her only granddaughter who is 6. It will be a great time I know , but sad also as it will be probably be several years before she sees her again. I want to make this time extra special for her. Any ideas on what I could do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would take lots of pictures but also, before hand you could make her a scrapbook of your daughter from the 6 years she hadn't seen her.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 10:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Make sure you take lots of pictures of them together, then you can make something out of them and mail her some of them each month or something, just to remind her of when they were together.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you haven't taught your daughter spanish already, try to teach her some phrases like "I love you grandma," etc. Also while you are there make sure you take some really nice photos of your daughter with her grandmother and maybe frame one for her before you leave. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I love the photo idea. Make an album of them that you can send. "Please read to me, Grandma." are some of the sweetest words I've heard. Make sure they have lots of time together.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree lots of pictures!!!! then make an album or a scrap book and mail it to her
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008