Do you think adding jmo after saying something harsh makes it all ok?

I was just reading a post that someone says as one of the reply...get over it jmo.....or say something in their pov harshly and then add jmo. I know some of us come here to get others opinions and many deliver it nicely. But to those who don't and are a bit harsh on the way they write it...and then add jmo, does it make it okay? Like if someone says "you're being a total b!tc8...jmo"...does that make it ok?

And to some who doesn't know...jmo stands for just my opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No I don't think it makes it okay. I just think people add that to lighten up thier 'harshness" a bit. JMO . LOL!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think you should just leave it the fuck alone if you don't like it. JMO =)
    lol jk actually no its not okay, i mean if they were being "honest" about it in a polite way then we would understand anyway but if they were being harsh or rude, saying JMO does not excuse them from it.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think it depends if you say just lay it out for me and you can't hurt my feelings or what have you I don't see an issue laying it out whether you use jmo or not. If you think the poster might be "fragile" then I think you should use kid gloves.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't know...I think its definitely better than just going off on a rant because it does show that it is one person's opinion...but my mama does something similar and it drives me nuts. My sister and I were just talking about this actually...she will say something like "Not that its any of my business, but I think the kids could use some winter socks"...lol...gets her dig in on our parenting but covers it with "not that its any of my business". I do think that most people respond to a question with what the poster wants to hear like, so if you're going against it, you kind of look like a bitch anyway, might as well add jmo to kind of smooth things out! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have the dilemma of not wanting to hurt people's feelings, yet wanting to be truthful. Usually if what I write seems mean, I write out "just my opinion" so the person hopefully knows I mean that they should take what I've said with a grain of salt, that is, not take my word as the final answer.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i think most of us are so afraid someone will be offended when we answer truthfully, because someone usually does, that JMO/IMO is added to ward off (hopefully) the defensive response. actually, it reminds me of when someone is gossiping about someone, usually referring to a fault/negative physical/mental feature/characteristic/etc, and ends their rant with "....bless her/his heart." (example: ''that girl has always had a weight problem, bless her heart." or ''poor mike, he can't keep a job for a week, bless his heart.'')
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• NOPE. JMO though.
    Anonymous

• Well of course, stupid bitch, it makes everything all better. Just my opinion.

(Obviously, no, I think it's a cheap cop-out. If you're going to be a bitch, don't try to pretend like it's somehow better because it's "only your opinion." No kidding, but you're still a bitch.)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2008