my 3 month old twins cannot poop without stimulation, and when they do its green and mucousy. Anyone else deal with this?

breastfed, watching my dairy, gluten, eggs,soy and fish.

lovemygirls4511

Asked by lovemygirls4511 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to their doc!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not exactly normal - I'd be setting an appointment up with their ped.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Make an appointment bc I havent known any baby to be like this (any babies that I have known). My friend had a daughter that every once in a while this was needed but not daily or anything.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• NO juice for the babes. Green mucus tends to mean too much foremilk, not enough hindmilk, and with a singleton the easy solution is block feeding - no switching sides, but 4-ish feedings in a row from the same breast, then using the other side for the next 4-ish feedings. Definitely call the doc though. I know my DS struggled to have regular poops if we didn't give him probiotics daily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sounds like might be an abundance of foremilk.
    Try to blockfeed when nursing and see if this helps.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• dd did that when she was 3months old and her doc said it was fine as long as she finally pooped and it wasnt hard and she wasnt in pain or running a fever but of course being a new mom she went to the doctor alot...
    JaylynnsMommy21

Answer by JaylynnsMommy21 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011