What do you think is more beneficial--a massage or going to a chiropractor?

tufftulip

Asked by tufftulip at 11:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• totally different specialties...massages are for soft tissue and muscle and chiros are to crack you back into place..or out of place depending on who you ask :) I wouldn't let a chiro near me, but that's just my opinion...you can't get injured from a massage.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Definitely chiropractor. I really don't enjoy massages.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• oh gosh a massage sounds so good right now :))
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• A massage is for relaxation/stress reducer( for the most part), while a chiropractor is for alignment.. So two very different things.. I see my chiro about once a month and I treat myself to a massage about once a year (how sad)... I should go more often :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Depends what your issue is. I go for a massage once a month just to loosen up my neck & back muscles, it is relaxing & therapeutic & makes you feel oh so much better. I don't care for chiro but have been a couple times from sore back & neck due to breastfeeding & poor posture.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I refuse to go to a chiro because I can't stand anyone near my neck. Freaks me out. Massage is awesome. I get one twice a week during PT. It is helping recovery from surgery, to get nerves moving again, stretching muscles that haven't been used. It is awesome and makes moving so much easier.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My hubby gives great massages and it usually relaxes me. However, I guess which procedure you have done depends on the problem.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• They are both wonderful - it's actually best if you're able to get a massage just a few days before a chiro treatment - I've been told that by 3 chiros & 2 LMTs ;). I love my LMT and chiro!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i think itd depend on what the problem is, and on you . i hope either one help u
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think going to the Chiropractor is more beneficial... everything will be put back in alignment and you must be proactive and sit up properly during long hours on the computer and everyday activity. SIT UP PPL!!
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 7:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011