Heavy box

ok so im 26 weeks and i know that you cant lift anything over 30-40lbs but i just got my changing table/dresser and im really excited to put it together so my question is could you push or pull it instead of lift. it weighs 50lbs. or should i just avoid it all together for right now. just wanted some advice before i try. but most likely i will wait.

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you want to put it together, why don't you carry it one piece at a time to the room where it is going to go and then assemble it there. Each piece individually is probably not that heavy.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Well, I'm not a doctor but I have had 5 kids and can't tell you how many times I pushed heavy things. If you aren't a high risk pregnancy then I don't see any harm in pushing. You should probably sit and use your legs though.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• lol i feel stupid that i didnt even think about piece by piece lol
    wifey000175554

Comment by wifey000175554 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• That's ok, just chalk it up to pregnancy brain, lol.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I STILL maintain that my children stole my brain cells while I was pregnant with them. I did some of the STUPIDEST things that made me scratch my head and say, "Why the HELL did I do THAT??!!??!" When I wasn't pregnant.

I have been told that when your pregnant blood flow to your brain is less, making your brain shrink.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i have had 4 children i have lifted more than that but if u were told not to lift there is always sliding or scooting things across the floor
    tjclore

Answer by tjclore at 1:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2011