There not sleeping and nether am i

i have a 3 yr old and a 2 month old. the 3 yr old has started jumping the baby gate to play in the living room or come to my bed. my 2 month old is crying tell you pick her up. then she falls asleep wakes up falls asleep and wakes up and does this every half a sec for almost 3 hours i'm crashing at 1 to 3 am if i'm allowed to, then i have to get up by 5 to take my husband to work, then my 2month old is up tell 9 when my 3 yr old is finally wide awake and running. i have tried to nap but by the time i get the 3 yr old down the 2 month old is up and when she is down its time to pick DH up. how do i get my kids to sleep?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 11:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Routines and dim, calm quiet areas. Can your husband carpool with a coworker?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• First, make sure they don't take too many naps during the day so that they are exhausted enough to sleep at night. I would play with them a lot during the day to get their energy out. Turning on soothing, sleepytime music (think Enya or slow instrumental music that you might hear at a spa) before sleeptime also helps. Turn off distractions like a TV and dim the lights. A baby swing would help the 2 month old. I sometimes turn the TV on to a soothing music channel and rock the baby to sleep in the swing. Perhaps keep the older kids in a different room than the baby and check up on both though. Making sure they wake up and go to sleep at regular times is also key.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011