Restless leg syndrome?

i notice of a night and sometimes of a day i have to move my legs and or feet or they feel funny and kind of have a odd sensation and kind of like pain in them if i do not move them. they like feel like creeping crawling sensation , with aches sometimes or tingling sensations i have to move the legs to get it to quit but it keeps me awake. it is very annoying could it be restless leg syndrome and what can i do for it?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• i had a friend one time and she went through the same thing,she said hot baths helped sometimes,and standing up helped,but id say if it continues go to your dr and see what he or she says to do for it. hope u get ur sleep.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my mother swears by this, and it will sound funny but it works. put a dry bar of soap under ur sheets near ur legs at night when u sleep. and during the day u can gently rub ur legs with the dry soap. idk y it works, but there are doctors out there that swear by it too. hope this helps.
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• sounds like restless leg syndrome to me. Usually they give you a low dose drug and it takes care of it. My brother in law has it. Sometimes I wonder if I have it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have the same symptoms when I go to bed and sometimes when I am just sitting at the computer. I has a lot to do with our posture and may be a little arthritis... poor circulation is going on and we need to find out what is causing it. a regular doctor may not have all the answers, so with that said make sure you get to a specialist and get some test ran... I wouldn't jump for the medication thing right away for pain because it just masks the problem... we need to find the cause.. EXERCISE if just a little and healthy diet.
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 7:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I stand up and stretch my leg muscles. Just touch your toes and don't bend your knees. That usaully works for me.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• sounds like it. cuz i think i have the same thing. my bf says i kick at night real bad. mine twitch n stuff n yeah the tingly things i have too. sometimes i have to makes myself stay up so late just so that way i will fall asleep fast. i dunno what to do for it either
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I only have it when im pregnant, it drives me nuts!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i get up move around and exercise but it seems to still affect me at night it really is nerve wracking
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011