Just found out my mom has to have surgery again

she had hernias that she had to have repaired but she been taking these sick feelings where she could pass out . we thought since gall bladder removed it was doing it. then the hospital told her they thought she had colon cancer. but the dr told her that it looked like fluid rebuilding from her hernia surgery but that a colonoscopy would be a good idea. so they sent her back to the surgeon that did her hernia repairs. he told her that he thinks she has a hiatal hernia ( which i think she was told that years ago) the fluid building back up and that he will do colonoscopy at the same time. so i am wondering with all this going on that they would most likely keep her overnight to a few days? i know fr hernia repair she was in 3 days. colonoscopy does not require staying in but it is the other stuff that i would think would require her to stay.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I would think it depends on the hernia. For example, my sister had hernia surgery and was out in a day (not that she should have been). They will keep her as long as they see fit but my guess is it will be short. Insurance doesn't want to pay for any long stay in a hospital and people are coming home with huge incisions, etc... But don't panic. They will know when they go in and make the appropriate choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011